Established in October 2014, the Angling Group provides an informal forum for members to share examples of good practice and joint working, to discuss areas of developing policy, to look at opportunities to promote angling in Scotland, education and to celebrate examples of success.
Membership currently comprises SANA (Scottish Anglers' National Association), the SFCA (Scottish Federation for Coarse Angling), SSACN (Scottish Sea Angling Conservation Network), the SFSA (Scottish Federation of Sea Anglers) and Marine Scotland. A representative from Scottish Canals attended the last meeting.
The Group has met on three occasions. Key areas of discussion to date have included :
- Wild Fisheries Reform
- Conservation measures and the Kill Licence
- Youth participation
- Angling for All
- Development of an angling app
- Joint SFCA, Marine Scotland and Scottish Canals Ranger Project
- Joint SSACN and Marine Scotland Outreach Project
- Data collection
- Engagement with the sector
The group is scheduled to meet again in July 2015.