|Emergency Contacts |
In the event of a marine emergency, the Marine Scotland Duty Officer can be contacted by Mobile 07770 733423 or by email at MS.SpillResponse@gov.scot.
For this purpose, a marine emergency includes oil and or chemical pollution incidents from shipping and offshore installations (and the application of chemical dispersants and deployment of containment equipment) and marine mammal strandings. The Marine Scotland Duty Officer is not a replacement for contacting the usual Emergency Services (Fire, Police, Ambulance and Coastguard) where these are required.
Reporting Suspicious Activity
To report any kind of fisheries-related activity you think might be suspicious:
Call 0131 271 9700 (24 hours a day) or email: UKFMC@gov.scot
Reporting a stranded marine animal
If you find a dead or stranded marine animal, call 01463 243030 or email: email@example.com. Rescue for live stranded marine animals is available 24 hours a day by calling:
- Scottish SPCA Animal Helpline (03000 999 999)
- British Divers Marine Life Rescue (01825 765546)
Fish Health Inspectorate
A Fish Health Inspector acts as Duty Inspector during office hours every day from Monday to Friday to deal with queries relating to:
- fish escapes from marine aquaculture facilities
- applications for permission to move live fish subject to movement restrictions, including live fish for harvest
- applications for a licence to import live aquaculture animals and their products
- preparation of export certificates
- notifications of suspicion of a notifiable disease of fish or shellfish
- notifications of escapes of fish from fish farms
- registration of new fish or shellfish farming businesses or sites, or changes to the details of existing businesses
- sampling of fish and shellfish forwarded to Marine Scotland Marine Laboratory for disease diagnosis
Reporting Invasive Species
Should you wish to report finding any of the invasive non-native species, call Scottish Environment and Rural Services (SEARS) on 08452 30 20 50.
Page updated: Tuesday, March 26, 2019