Women in Scottish Aquaculture
Women in Scottish Aquaculture (WiSA) officially launched at the Scottish Aquaculture Innovation Centre (SAIC) in Stirling on 8 March 2019, to coincide with International Women’s Day.
WiSA to encourage more women to consider a career in the sector and how they will support those already working in Scottish aquaculture.
- To raise awareness of the opportunities for women to work in the aquaculture industry
- To encourage more women into the aquaculture industry at all levels
- To promote aquaculture as a career choice to school leavers, those in further and higher education, and those working in other sectors
- To provide support for women entering - and those already working within - the sector
- To provide a network for women to develop their careers within the industry
- To support industry in developing the potential of women within the workplace at all levels
- To develop links with other external groups and organisations whose aim is to increase diversity in the workplace.
Page updated: Friday, April 12, 2019