Why are we funding this outcome?
To encourage rural land managers and other rural businesses to develop their ability to add value to primary products from agricultural, horticultural and forestry activities to ensure that more of the benefits from this process remain within the local economy.
What will this package achieve?
This package of Options has the potential to:
- Encourage innovation and new product development
- Strengthen local supply chains for primary and value added products
- Guide production and product development in line with foreseeable market trends
- Develop employment opportunities and/or increase incomes by retaining wealth within local economies
- Improve the preparation, quality and presentation of local products
- Facilitate the better use, reduction or elimination of by-products or waste
- Support skills development and consumer education
What you can do
You will be able to choose which of the following Options will help deliver the outcome you have selected.
We suggest the following Options may all be appropriate.
Some Options- shown in the top list - will always deliver the desired outcomes. If you choose any of these Options, you will not be expected to provide any justification for choosing that Option.
Other Options - those in the bottom list - will only help achieve the desired outcome in specific circumstances. If you choose any of these, the application system will ask you to explain how you see this Option helping to achieve the outcome. You can select as many, or as few, Options as you think you will need. You must judge which options will most effectively deliver the desired outcomes taking account of your circumstances
This Option will always deliver the desired outcomes:
These Options will help achieve the desired outcome in specific circumstances: