Inspecting officers will inspect your holding or holdings, including, where appropriate, land, crops and livestock. They will also look at your records to check the details of claims and applications. If you are the registered keeper of livestock, they will check that you have met the identification and traceability regulations.
After arriving at your farm, the inspecting officer will explain:
- the purpose of the visit;
- the reason for the inspection;
- how the inspection will be carried out;
- what they will need from you; and
- how long the inspection will take (although this may depend on the findings of the inspection).