Background Data 2006
Overall SIMD 2006 and individual domains
The following spreadsheet files contain the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD) 2006 scores and ranks, along with indicator data for each domain where available.
The SIMD 2006 is presented at data zone level and for each data zone, information is provided on:
- the Local Authority it belongs to;
- total population based on the 2004 small area population estimates;
- working age population based on the 2004 small area population estimates;
- score on SIMD 2006;
- rank on SIMD 2006 (the data zone with a rank of 1 is most deprived and 6,505 is least deprived)
- score / rate and rank on each of the individual domains;
- the number of people who are income or employment deprived.
Page updated: Thursday, April 22, 2010