Electronic PDF Return
If you have received an invite to take part in the 2018 Global Connections Survey (GCS) and you wish to use the electronic PDF return please click the link below to access the relevant form.
Note, please use Microsoft Internent Explorer rather than Microsoft Edge as your web browser when accessing this function.
For further help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
GCS ELECTRONIC FORM
How to complete the electronic form
- Please enter your Unique Reference Number (URN) in the space provided at the top of the form. If you were sent an invite by letter your URN can be found on the left hand side of your survey letter (below your address) or on the bottom left of each page of the survey form. If you received an email then use the Reference number given at the top of the email. We require this number so we can track who is replying to us.
- Once you have completed the form please, click on the 'SUBMIT FORM' button at the end of the form and this will be attached to an email message in your operating system to send. If this does not work, you can save the completed PDF, attach it to an email mesage manually and send to email@example.com.
- Guidance providing advice on how the different questions in the form should be completed for different types of businesses is provided at the link below.
GCS ELECTRONIC FORM GUIDANCE
Who should complete the electronic return
This page is relevant to those businesses who received an invitation to take part in the 2018 Scottish Global Connections Survey from the Scottish Government
You have received this letter as you have been randomly selected to take part in the 2018 Global Connections Survey. An example of the letter sent to businesses inviting them to take part in the 2017 Global Connections Survey is provided at the link below.
LETTER SENT TO BUSINESSES
If you have any queries you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0300 244 6803.
We are grateful to all businesses that take the time to respond to the Global Connections Survey.
Common Questions & Answers
- How else can this form be completed?
If you wish to complete a paper copy of the form please email us at email@example.com .
- Why is this information being collected?
This survey measures key indicators on the state of the Scottish economy, across all sectors and for companies of all sizes. It helps us measure the value and destination of sales of Scottish goods and services and the depth of International involvement of Scottish firms. This provides us with vital information to help the Scottish Government and Scottish Development International (SDI) to make decisions about policies to support businesses to trade locally and internationally.
- Will this information be published?
The information you provide will be used for statistical and research purposes only. No information that allows individual businesses to be identified will be made public. The analysis from the information you provided last year is included in the National Statistics publication Export Statistics Scotland and is used to monitor the Scottish Government National Performance Framework Indicator to increase exports.
- What if my company presently does not export?
We recognise the difficulties faced by businesses in the current economic climate. To make sure the results are accurate all types and sizes of organisation are included in the sample for this survey, including those businesses whose head offices are located outside Scotland. Even if you have no international exports, your response is still valuable to us.
- How long will it take me to complete this form ?
The median time for companies to complete the survey in 2017 was 30 minutes. If your company does not export, the form will take a shorter time to complete.