Published 24th January 2018
A full PDF version of the publication is available here:
A two page visual summary of the key results is also available to download.
Download Visual Summary
The tables contained in the publication are available here in Excel format:
Download Excel tables
Additional tables requested since the publication of Export Statistics Scotland 2014 on 27 January 2016 are available here. Note, these relate to 2014 data:
User Requested tables
Export Statistics Scotland - Publication
- Scotland’s international exports (excluding oil and gas) increased in 2016 by £460 million (1.6 per cent) from £29.3 billion in 2015 to £29.8 billion in 2016.
- Scottish exports to Non-EU countries increased by £565 million (3.4 per cent) to £17.1 billion in 2016.
- Scottish exports to EU countries decreased by £105 million (0.8 per cent) to £12.7 billion in 2016.
- Within the EU, the Netherlands (£2.1 billion) was the largest market, followed by France (£2.0 billion) and Germany (£1.9 billion).
- Scottish exports to the rest of the UK in 2016 (excluding oil and gas) were estimated at £45.8 billion in 2016, a decrease of £4.4 billion (8.8 per cent) since 2015.
- Total international and rest of the UK exports in 2016 (excluding oil and gas) were estimated at £75.6 billion, down £3.9 billion (5.0 per cent) from 2015. Exports to the rest of the UK accounted for 61 per cent of this total, EU exports accounted for 17 per cent and non-EU exports accounted for 23 per cent.
- The USA continues to be Scotland’s top international export destination country (£4.8 billion). The top 5 international export markets (USA, Netherlands, France, Germany and Norway) accounted for £12.1 billion (41%) of international exports from Scotland.
Page updated: Tuesday, November 27, 2018