Policy in detail: Educating young people about the risks of drug and alcohol misuse
Young people need to be able to make informed choices about their lives and giving them accurate information from reliable sources is vital.
- providing information on substance misuse in schools as part of the curriculum
- providing information on drugs and their dangers, including new drugs (including New Psychoactive Substances known as ‘legal highs’)through our Know the Score website and free confidential helpline: 0800 587 587 9
- funding Choices for Life, a substance misuse education programme for schools, delivered with Police Scotland, which raises awareness of the risks of smoking, alcohol and drugs.
- commissioning third sector drug service Crew to develop and deliver training and resources for Alcohol and Drug Partnerships, and drug and youth organisations in Scotland on emerging trends, including New Psychoactive Substances
- funding the Scottish Schools Adolescent Lifestyle and Substance Use Survey, a national survey of tobacco, drug and alcohol use amongst secondary school pupils in Scotland
Page updated: Monday, April 14, 2014