The timeline for the period leading up to and beyond the Act taking effect is set out below. Information on the different aspects can be found in the Useful Documents section of this page.
|March || |
- Carers (Scotland) Act 2016 receives Royal Assent
|Summer || |
- Local pilots test specific provisions of the Act, with findings to be released in October.
- Readiness toolkit issued to Local Authorities, Health Boards and Integration Authorities.
- Draft local carer strategy guidance issued.
|Autumn || |
1. Draft regulations:
- Review of adult carer support plans and young carer statements.
- Short breaks services statements.
2. Draft carers' charter.
- Guidance co-production event at the Albert Halls, Stirling, with external stakeholders.
- Local Elgibility Criteria Statutory Guidance issued.
- Readiness Toolkit re-issued.
- Ongoing engagement with IJBs and Carers Leads via quarterly meetings.
|October - March || |
- Local eligibility criteria to be developed and published.
|December || |
- Final draft guidance issued to stakeholders.
|January - March || |
|01 April || |
- Carers (Scotland) Act 2016 comes into effect, alongside Regulations.
|31 December || |
- Deadline for publication of Short Break Services Statements.