The mental health section of the Quality and Efficiency Support Team works in close partnership with the Mental Health Division and currently supports the following programmes of work:
Development of high quality effective and efficient community mental health services by ensuring teams are doing the right things in the most efficient way for the people who need them.
- Reducing the numbers of patients who do not attend their appointments
- Optimising new to follow-up ratios
- Reducing the time spent on non-value adding activities
- Ensuring appropriate skill mix
- Removing duplication of work
- Designing systems to reliably deliver evidence based care
- Better use of telehealth and telecare
Delivery of the Mental Health HEAT targets to deliver faster access to treatment with a psychological therapy and faster access to treatment by Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services.