Learning and Development
A number of resources are available to help you develop the necessary skills and behaviours to perform effectively in your Programme and Project Management (PPM) role.
- The Knowledge Hub is UK-wide platform for public service collaboration. The Scottish Government Programme and Project Management Community on the Knowledge Hub is available to colleagues within Scottish Government and its agencies, who want to share their PPM knowledge and experience to benefit others.
- You can join at the Knowledge Hub, to access a wide range of resources and start networking.
- The PPM mentoring scheme focuses on sharing PPM expertise, allowing managers new to PPM, or engaged in a challenging project/programme, to receive additional support and advice, make new contacts, and gain self-confidence.
- The PPM-CoE facilitates the PPM mentoring scheme, maintaining the profiles database and matching mentors with mentees. The scheme is open to all staff in the Scottish public sector and third sector. Mentees must be in a project/programme management or Senior Responsible Owner (SRO) role when applying.
- Information, guidance and application forms for the PPM mentoring scheme can be found in the Scottish Government Programme and Project Management Community library folders on the Knowledge Hub.
- Anyone can join.
- The Scottish Government have a corporate membership of the APM, which entitles SG staff to access additional publications, join Specific Interest Groups (SIGs) and attend some events for free.
- Please contact the PPM-CoE to discuss your development needs and get advice on which course or activity may be best suited to your needs before booking.
Page updated: Monday, June 06, 2016