Hosting Services Framework
The framework covers a range of data hosting services including co-location, private cloud, public cloud and community cloud.
This allows organisations the option of having data stored by an external party as an alternative to storage on an internal infrastructure.
What is in scope?
To meet both the core and key requirements, the following services are in scope and available through the framework:
- Hosting Services: Private Cloud
- Hosting Services: Public Cloud
- Hosting Services: Community Cloud
- Hosting Services: Hybrid Cloud
- Hosting Services: Co-location
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Data Centre Services (including Computing, Storage, Firewalls, Security, Patching, etc.)
- All requirements must be available at a Government Security Level of Official. In exceptional cases some Framework Public Bodies may have requirements above this classification
- 24/7 Support Services
- Minimum Availability of 99.9%
- Access to Government Networks, including SWAN, Janet, N3, PSN and GSX/GSI
- Certified to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and complies with ISO/IEC 27002:2013, or equivalent
- Enablement Services
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Services
- Maximum Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) Rating of 1.8
What is out of scope?
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Fully Managed IT Services
- Unified Communication (which covers customer user-interface)
- Creating applications
- Web development
- Web design
- Creating and Updating Content
- Video Streaming
- Procurement of Hardware
Who is this available to?
- Central government
- Local authorities
- Universities and colleges
- Third sector
- Other public bodies
Full details can be found on Public Contracts Scotland.
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use the framework agreement to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so. If there is any doubt, legal advice should be sought.
The benefits for public bodies using the framework are:
- Objectives include maximising efficiency and collaboration through aligning with the strategic priorities in Scotland’s Digital Future: Delivery of public services, delivery and demonstration of real cash savings, embedding sustainable procurement and improving access to public sector contracts.
- All of the service providers have secure hosting facilities (security compliance of ISO27001).
- All the hosting services will be delivered within the European Economic Area which meets the guidelines of the Data Protection Act 1998
- All of the service providers have the ability to provide the core services at the Government Security Classification of ‘Official’ which was a minimum requirement of the tender.
- In addition the framework has the ability to meet hosting requirements that are classified as Secret and/or Top Secret
- Cost savings for the Scottish public sector can be achieved through collaboration and exploring more efficient and sustainable forms of hosting services.
- Potential for economic growth and local employment opportunities through call-off contracts as all 8 service providers have an economic footprint in Scotland.
- This award follows a comprehensive tender exercise, under EU public procurement regulations, and provides an easy route to market for contracting organisations
21 May 2015
20 May 2019
|Framework Suppliers || |
Senior Portfolio Specialist, ICT Services and Software
Phone: 0141 242 5626
Portfolio Manager, ICT Services and Software
Tel: 0141 242 5920
A Buyers’ Guide is available.
Further information including specifications and pricing is available via a number of sources:
Our secure stakeholder site - Knowledge Hub.
If you are not registered to access our Knowledge Hub site please contact
Page updated: Friday, April 06, 2018