Network Advice Dynamic Purchasing System
Scottish Procurement has established a Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) for the provision of Network Advice.
The DPS will operate in a similar way to a framework, however, it is an electronic process and suppliers can apply to join the DPS at any time.
Suppliers interested in this potential opportunity should register with PCS and PCS-Tender as these systems will be used in any resulting procurement.
Contracts will be awarded via call offs, issued by Scottish public sector organisations through the DPS, inviting suppliers to tender for in scope services.
This DPS will provide vendor neutral network advice for organisations seeking to develop, enhance and secure their network infrastructure.
Due to the wide and diverse nature of network advice, it is not possible to list all the types envisaged but some examples (non-exhaustive list) may include:
- Network security
- Improved energy consumption and efficiency
- Support of internet of things (IoT) network integration
- Support of Unified Communications (UC) network integration
- Audit and analysis of network services
- Network infrastructure project management
- Network upgrades
- Support in the procurement of network services
- Migration of existing network services
- Advice on network solution and design and implementation of new network services
- Support with network estates
What is out of scope?
- Fixed line telephony
- Mobile telephony
- Unified communications
- IT hardware and peripherals
Who is this available to?
- Central Government
- Local authorities
- Universities and colleges
- Third sector (voluntary organisations and charities registered in Scotland)
- Other public bodies
Full details will be found on Public Contracts Scotland notice once issued.
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use the DPS to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so. Entitlement can be established from the terms of the Official Journal of the European Union OJEU advert (once issued). If there is any doubt, legal advice should be sought.
- Easy access for public sector bodies to a full range of technical network advice
- Easy access for suppliers
- encouraging strong competition
- encouraging small and medium sized enterprise participation
- Suppliers can join the DPS at any time, provided they meet the selection criteria
- Electronic process
- Streamlined procurement
22 November 2018
The duration will be for an initial 12 months with an option to extend for a further 12 months
List of suppliers
Senior Portfolio Specialist
ICT Special Projects
Phone: 0141 242 5595
Phone: 0141 242 0345
Phone: 0141 244 6812
A buyer's guide will be available.
Two template set of terms and conditions have been created that may be used – if buyers wish to consider these they will be available on a designated area within PCS-Tender and within our page on the Scottish Procurement Knowledge Hub.
To obtain access to the Knowledge Hub, please contact Scottishprocurement@gov.scot and quote Network Advice – Dynamic Purchasing System.
We have attached a suppliers guide on the DPS and how to apply.
Page updated: Thursday, November 22, 2018