National Framework for Workstation Client Devices (SP-15-011-5)
Single supplier framework for the provision of workstation client devices.
What is in scope?
- Fixed workstation
- Mobile workstation
- Upgrades, accessories and all services associated with the deployment of workstation client devices
What is out of scope?
- Mobile client devices
- Thin client devices
- Web based and proprietary devices
- Desktop client devices
- Tablet client devices
- Storage area networks
- Peripherals (which are not included at the point of order)
There are separate client device framework agreements for Mobile, Thin, Web Based & Proprietary, Desktop, and Tablet Client Devices. There is also a national framework for IT Peripherals.
Who is this available to?
- Central government
- Local authorities
- Universities and colleges
- Third sector (voluntary organisations and charities registered in Scotland)
- Other public bodies
The framework was awarded following a comprehensive tender exercise, in accordance with EU public procurement regulations.
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use the framework agreement to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so. Entitlement can be established from the terms of the OJEU advert and guidance on this can be found in annex A of Scottish Government Guidance on Framework Agreements. If there is any doubt, legal advice should be sought.
The national framework will provide the following benefits:
- This award follows a comprehensive tender exercise, under EU public procurement regulations, and provides an easy route to market for contracting organisations.
- The framework has standardised on a core fixed and mobile workstation, which can be tailored to meet individual requirements, offering Scottish public sector organisations choice, at market leading prices. In addition, there is a range of competitively priced upgrades and accessories which complement the core devices.
- The framework will deliver significant cash savings and environmental benefits, including a reduction in carbon emissions through the inclusion of latest environmental and energy efficiency certification.
- The framework satisfies demand for new and emerging requirements through a process of continuous improvement, throughout the life of the agreements.
- The framework provides one central point for ordering and contract management covering warranty, insurance and general supply enquiries.
- The framework addresses the Scottish Government’s and Scottish public sector organisations’ aspirations with regards to ethical, social, economic, environmental and sustainability issues.
It is anticipated that the majority of requirements for workstation client devices will be met through the national framework.
9 March 2016
8 March 2020
FRAMEWORK REFRESH NOW IN PROGRESS
Contact and feedback to:
Karen Pow (ICT Senior Portfolio Specialist)
Phone: 0131 244 8121
Bryan Dodds (ICT Senior Portfolio Specialist)
Phone: 0131 244 6290
Sarah Hamilton (ICT Portfolio Specialist)
Phone: 0131 244 3435
Junction 24 Business Park
Contract or Framework Agreement guidance
Full product specifications and pricing details can be obtained from our secure stakeholder site Knowledge Hub.
If you are not registered to access this site and are eligible to use the framework please complete the attached template and send to email@example.com.
A buyer's guide is also available from the XMA portal. Organisations should contact XMA for further details or to register for the portal.
Contact named individuals above or XMA direct.
Page updated: Wednesday, January 16, 2019