Case studies – sustainable procurement
28 January 2015
A new series of case studies highlighting the benefits of sustainable procurement are now available on our website. Developed in conjunction with Zero Waste Scotland, it showcases a broad range of examples from across the country. From floodlights for a castle, to a furniture framework, find out how they link back to The National Outcomes and the actions taken to secure benefits in each procurement exercise.
- By developing a street lighting toolkit, Scottish Futures Trust reveal how they improved energy efficiency and delivered savings, while building relationships and expertise across the Scottish public sector.
- The University of Abertay get creative to organise their annual festival to showcasing the entries in its ‘Dare To Be Digital’ game design competition.
- Negotiated by the Scottish Government, a national framework agreement for the supply of Biomass energy has raised the bar on delivering sustainable outcomes through early engagement with industry
- Historic Scotland tell us how they kept one of the UK’s top visitor attractions open as the contractor installed advanced digital controls and LED technology.
- Scotland Excel reveal how one framework is delivering economic, social and environmental benefits in the same package.
- Through a positive contract management process, Scottish Natural Heritage show how they meet their objectives and help suppliers build their expertise
Page updated: Thursday, January 29, 2015