This website is no longer being updated. Please go to GOV.SCOT

Who to contact to report a wildlife crime in Scotland

Police ScotlandPolice Scotland Logo

From 1 April 2013, Scotland's eight regional police forces were replaced with a single Scottish police force. The new force is made up of 14 regional divisions, and each of these divisions has a Wildlife Crime Liaison Officer (WCLO).

To report a wildlife crime you can telephone the non-emergency 101 number. The 101 number should be used to contact the police when you don’t need an emergency response. In an emergency always dial 999 – when a life is in danger, a crime is in progress or a suspect is nearby.

If you feel that you would rather remain anonymous, you can call Crimestoppers.

Each Police Scotland division has a Wildlife Crime Liaison Officer (WCLO). If you have a query related to wildlife crime you can contact your regional WCLO using the email addresses below. These addresses should not be used for reporting crimes as delay in receipt of emails may lead to loss of vital evidence. To report suspected crimes, always phone 101 or 999.

Regional Divisions

Regional Division WCLO Email Address

A Division – North East

PC Doug Darling

C Division – Forth Valley

PC Laura Robertson

D Division – Tayside

PC Blair Wilkie

E Division – Edinburgh

PC Sam Campbell

G Division – Glasgow

PC Gareth Wylie

J Division – The Lothians and Scottish Borders

PC Steven Irvine

K Division – Renfrewshire and Inverclyde

PC Eilidh O'Hanlon Eilidh.O'

L Division – Argyll and West Dunbartonshire

PC Peter Sinclair

N Division – Highland and Islands

PC Andrew Courts

P Division – Fife

PC Ben Pacholek

Q Division - Lanarkshire

PC Douglas Cowan

U Division – Ayrshire

PC Graeme Gordon

V Division – Dumfries and Galloway

PC Alan Steele