Training and Awareness Sub-group
The PAW Scotland Training and Awareness Sub-group was created to ensure that training relating to, and awareness of, wildlife crime is maintained at an appropriately high level across Scotland.
Minutes of Training and Awareness Sub-group meetings are available.
Wildlife Crime Training Issues Questionnaire
Chair - Andrew Mavin - Police Scotland
Following the creation of a single Scottish police force on 1 April 2013, Sgt Andrew Mavin was given the newly created role of Scottish Wildlife Crime Co-ordinator. As part of this role, Sgt Mavin works closely with 14 regional Wildlife Crime Liaison Officers to provide a vital link between local policing and specialist resources at a national level. He was therefore an obvious choice to replace Kevin Findlater as chair of the Training and Awareness group.
- Andy Turner - Scottish Natural Heritage
- Mike Flynn - Scottish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Kenny Willmitt - British Association for Shooting and Conservation
- Shona C. McJannett - Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service
- Charlie Everitt - National Wildlife Crime Unit