The Play Map has been developed to support Community Planning Partnerships (CPPs) build play into their strategic plans. It will help CPPs deliver on their objectives to support the wellbeing of children, young people and their families across communities.
The Play Map aims to support CPPs to:
• Commit to principles which support a child’s right to play
• Provide leadership through developing strategic priorities and appointing Play Champions
• Listen to children, young people, families, and communities so that their views inform CPPs
• Map existing provision and explore gaps in current services and opportunities
• Consider effective approaches to developing play in communities and share effective practice
• Review play’s contribution to CPPs locality plans.