We have a new website go to gov.scot

HCS 1: Are you entitled to help with health costs?



(to hospital for NHS treatment)

You can get help with necessary travel costs (including travel costs for your dependent children) if you:

  • are getting, or your partner gets: Income Support, Income-related Employment and Support Allowance or Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (Incapacity Benefit, Employment and Support Allowance (Contributory) and Disability Living Allowance do not count as they are not income-related), or Pension Credit Guarantee Credit;
  • are entitled to, or named on, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate;
  • are named on a valid HC2 certificate issued under the terms of the NHS Low Income Scheme;
  • are a war pensioner and the hospital treatment is for your pensionable disablement.

For children under 16 and those aged 16 to 18 - also read here.

Partial help:

  • if you are named on a valid HC3 certificate you might get some help with travel costs.