This website is no longer being updated. Please go to GOV.SCOT

HCS 1: Are you entitled to help with health costs?



You have to claim a refund within 3 months of paying the health cost.

You will need a receipt which shows you have paid for NHS treatment (see following paragraphs for details). If you are claiming because of low income use form HC5 available from Jobcentre Plus offices or NHS hospitals. Your dentist or optician may have one. The HC5 tells you what to do.

If you want to apply for a refund for other reasons, you will need to write a letter, enclosing your receipt, to your local office of the NHS National Services Scotland Practitioners Services (see addresses here).