We have a new website go to gov.scot

HCS 1: Are you entitled to help with health costs?



People seeking asylum who are supported by the National Asylum Support Services will be sent an NHS charges certificate ( HC2) for full help along with their first support payment.

Other people who come from abroad and are accepted as ordinarily resident in the UK (including asylum seekers who have been given leave to remain in the UK and people accepted as coming to work or study in the UK) and who are accepted for NHS treatment, may claim help with health costs in the same way as other residents.

Check to see if you are in one of the groups listed here. Otherwise, you can make a claim under the NHS Low Income Scheme - read here.