We have a new website go to gov.scot

HCS 1: Are you entitled to help with health costs?



If you get JSA ( IB) you and your partner are entitled to the same things as people getting Income Support - see here.

Contribution-based JSA ( JSA(C))

IMPORTANT: On its own, JSA(C) does not entitle you to help with health costs. If you have to pay health costs, check to see if you are in any of the groups listed here. Or you might be able to get help if you are on a low income - read here.

If you are not sure about the type of JSA you are getting, ask at your Jobcentre Plus office.

If you are waiting for your JSA claim to be settled and need help urgently with any health costs, read here.